Note: If you have a pending Transfer request, please do not enroll your student until after the Transfer Meetings. The elementary meeting is Monday, July 25, 2016 at 9:00AM and the secondary meeting is Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 9:00AM. Parents/Guardians will begin to be notified about the status of their transfer request following these meetings.
Click the "Enroll" button to begin the online enrollment process for returning and pre-enrolled students.
The requirement for a child's first enrollment in a Kansas school is governed by the state law and the school district cannot exercise any deviations from the law.
• A child must be 5 years of age on or before August 31 of the current year to enter kindergarten.
• A child must be 6 years of age on or before August 31 of the current year to enter the first grade.
1. A certified copy of the birth certificate for each child enrolling.
2. Kansas Certificate of Immunization.
3. A health assessment (physical) for each child starting school in Kansas if he/she is under 9 years old.
4. Proof of residence in the Derby school district.
New Student Enrollment
If you are new to Derby Public Schools, please visit your attendance center during your scheduled enrollment times (see below). It is essential you bring with you the items listed under, Entrance Requirements.
Online enrollment will be required for established (returning or pre-enrolled kindergarten) Derby Public Schools students. When the online enrollment window opens on July 18, parents may begin to enroll from the convenience of your home, the public library or anywhere there is a computer with Internet access. New students/parents will need to enroll at their appropriate building during the designated enrollment dates/times. Returning parents will need to have their Skyward username and password to begin the online enrollment procedures. Please visit the school office for login information assistance. If you would like to pay fees and add money for lunch you will have to log in to e~funds through Skyward. If you are applying for free or reduced lunches, the applications will be available mid to late July. If you do not have access to a computer, please visit your student's school on the dates designated for new student enrollment.
All Elementary Schools:
- Monday, July 18 (8:00AM - 3:00PM)
- Tuesday, July 19 (12:00PM - 7:00PM)
Derby Middle School and
Derby North Middle School:
- Wednesday, July 20 (11:00AM-7:00PM)
- Thursday, July 21 (11:00AM-7:00PM)
- Friday, July 22 (8:00AM-11:00AM)
Derby High School:
- Tuesday, August 2 (9:30AM-4:00PM)
- Wednesday, August 3 (9:30AM-4:00PM)
- Thursday, August 4 (12:00PM-6:30PM)
All DHS students can enroll at any of these dates/times.